Freelance Editor, Proofreader, and Writer: Job Description
Main purpose of role
- Produce agreed well-written and accurate content within set deadlines.
- Produce well written, concise and compelling copy.
- Check grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary to ensure that every page produced is 100% accurate.
- Communicate with customer, when required, to qualify requirements or seek further information.
- Provide feedback regarding the website, writer's guides and operational processes in order to continually improve the user experience and the service provided to customers.
Essential skills, experience and abilities
- Experience of writing, preferably for different types of genre
- Advanced proofreding and editing skills
- Degree holder in any subject
- Rewriting skills
- Article rewriting experience
- Native English speaker
- Internet savvy
- Strong research skills
- Strong writing skills
- Essay editing skills and experience
- Well organized
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate appropriately with clients, customers and service representatives
- Full working knowledge of UK and US English
- Experience of writing or editing statement of purpose documents
Desirable skills, experience and abilities
- Formal qualification in writing/journalism/English
- Understanding of Search Engine Optimisation and writing for the web
- Knowledge of all referencing and citation styles including Harvard, MLA and APA.
Desirable personal qualities
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Flexible and adaptable
- Thorough, good attention to detail